10 steps to avoid stress
In the days we are living in fear has increased and is being manipulated to control people. You need to understand sickness and disease have been around since the fall of mankind in the garden. Even then the serpent was using his tricks to deceive and malign human beings. Satan is a liar and the father of lies, there is no truth in him. He will do his best to create fear and torment in your mind to control your behavior and destroy your body.
To overcome the spirit of fear, we must first recognize it for what it is, a demonic force that is sent to torment us. Rebuke fear by speaking God’s Word against it. Some excellent Scriptures to study and apply against the spirit of fear are as follows:
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1)
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
“I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
Over and over the Lord says in the Bible, “Fear not.”
We should reject the spirit of fear by rebuking it in Jesus’ name because it can hinder our growth and wellbeing. A fear out of reverence is a totally different thing and is a healthy fear of authority and especially for God the Father. The Bible says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom”. (Proverbs 9:10)
Fear as a God given emotion is meant to alert us to danger so we can decide to fight or flight. But again, the spirit of fear which is demonic in nature is designed to cripple you and harm your life. When the spirit of fear comes against us, we must fight it. We cannot run from fear because it will always find us.
Stand, occupy and believe that your shield of faith will quench every fiery dart of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:16).
We live in a stressful environment. Everyone like to take steps to get relief from the stress of this world. Here are 10 useful steps to take to avoid stress in life:
- First thing in the morning get alone with God. You want to aim for first thing in the morning before your day begins. Pray, talk to God about your concerns, and allow Him to minister to your needs.
- Incorporate some form of exercise into your daily routine. Walking is one of the best stress reducers.
- Eat a more balanced diet. Include fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Enjoy nature and get outdoors. Being outdoors can be calming and peaceful, and can cause you to naturally feel relaxed.
- Take a time-out when you need to. If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or overly stressed; take a breather. Disconnect from your phone and social media. Do something that you enjoy or that is relaxing for you by practicing self-care.
- Do something creative-write, paint, build, garden, or rearrange a room.
- Watch, listen or read positive, faith-filled messages from those who would build your faith.
- Decrease your time with negative influences and increase your time with those that are a positive influence.
- Stay thankful. Focus on your blessings.
- Keep a routine. Our bodies naturally crave routine, and by consistently maintaining a routine you increase your body’s ability to deal with the physical aspects of stress.
A christian newsletter for the family. Articles, blogs, spiritual insights with videos for you and the family.